New Jersey Libertarian Party

The Party of Principle

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Somers Point Enforcing Ordinance it Repealed Over 20 Years Ago

Somers Point Enforcing Ordinance it Repealed Over 20 Years Ago 4 years 5 months ago #625

• JohnPaff
  • Fresh Boarder

During my research on pre-empted loitering ordinances I found that Somers Point repealed their invalid ordinance in 1991 - yet the police and courts are still enforcing this ordinance. Here is my letter to the Atlantic County Municipal Division Manager.

------

December 28, 2012

Tina Lalena, Municipal Division Manager
Atlantic County Superior Court
4997 Unami Blvd
Mays Landing, NJ 08330  (via e-mail only to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.)

Dear Ms. Lalena:

From researching records of the Somers Point Municipal Court, I have discovered that the court, on April 17, 2012, accepted a guilty plea to a violation of a municipal code provision that the City repealed in 1991.

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Somers Point Enforcing Ordinance it Repealed Over 20 Years Ago 4 years 5 months ago #626

• Jay Edgar
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Somers Point has refunded most of the money to the woman who was charged, convicted, and fined for this repealed ordinance. See www.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/absecon_galloway_port-republic/somers-point-returns-absecon-...267c5d2-5794-11e2-b519-0019bb2963f4.html
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds