- There’s a wiki area of the National website just for candidates. This is a gathering place for articles, resources, and information created by Libertarians for Libertarian candidates. Think of it as a library which will be expanded constantly. URL: https://helpdesk.lp.org/wiki/
- Password: volunteer@lp
- Pension Integrity Project - By Reason Foundation
- Strong Towns: doing the best work on a City Council
- Campaign Training: Digital Communications
- Campaign Training: Crafting an Appeal
- Candidate Training: Raising Seed Money for your Campaign
- Campaign Training: How to use ContactsHelper for Texting Campaign
- Campaign Basics You May Have Missed
- Fundraising Part 1
- Fundraising part 2 Major Donors
- How to Make A Campaign Timeline
- Building a Campaign Team
- You’ve Got issues
- How to Campaign using Texting/SMS
- Kicking it old skool (Letter writing campaigns)
- Campaign Training: Zoom for Townhalls & Media Interviews
- Online Fundraising
- Doorknocking During Covid 19
- Messaging about Covid
- Getting Earned Media
- How Voting By Mail Affects Voter Behavior
- How To Host a Political Event During Covid
- How to Create a Landscape Memo
- Campaign Pre-Launch Checklist with document
Kyle O’Donnell has provided this advice for Candidates:
Liberty friends, I built a process to build your own microtargeting lists, in preparation for the upcoming election cycle and wanted to share it with you all
- Begin with your voter registration database and a large county or regional FB group with that has political content. I bought mine from the county board of elections.
- Find a post that has hundreds or thousands of engagement for an issue/topic you want to microtarget voters with OR avoid talking about certain issues.
- Highlight all the likes and hearts or angry reacts, depending on the for/against list you’re building.
- Open Excel, paste special, just “values.” This strips out all the HTML and leaves rows of just names
- In the voter registration database, filtered to those that voted in the last gubernatorial election, CONCAT first name, space, last name.
- In your microtarget list, we need to standardize the names to match the voter registration database. Text-to-columns to break each part of their name into a separate column.
- Throw out middle names and CONCAT back into first name, space, last name in one cell.
- Now that everything is standardized, VLOOOUP your microtarget list against the voter registration list.
- I got an exact match with ~275 people or 53% that liked a piece of local-issue political content who also voted in the past gubernatorial election.
When we make 3 major campaign issues, it’s kind of bland, general, often intellectual, and not relevant to each voter’s personal passionate issue(s). By using microtargeting lists, we can communicate in a way that really excites voters and makes them feel a sense of shared values and awareness that hopefully translates into votes on election day. Still do the major issues for public consumption, just also microtarget people individually.
- We are vetting the tools available. As we find good solution, we will add them here.
Campaign Support Staff Recommendations
- What, are we in the 2010's? Kidding, of course. As we find books we can recommend, we will add them here.
With the new year brings hope and optimism that Mr. Murphy's time in office will be coming to any end. The lockdown, a c [ ... ]Candidates and ElectionsFull Story
As the 2020 Presidential election comes to a close, eyes will now turn to the New Jersey Governor’s race. Those that s [ ... ]Latest NewsFull Story