The purpose of the State Level Strategic Plan is to:
- Communicate to members our key areas of focus for 2018
- Provide a baseline against with to measure progress against our plans
- Provide a framework which can be used by VPs/Regions as they develop their 2018 Strategic Plans
- Use SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time Specific) goals
2017 was the first year that the NJLP created a formal Strategic Plan, in order to communicate to members our key areas of focus and provide a baseline against with to measure progress. We used the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time Specific) model for our defining goals.
Below are those goals and, for each, how we did. Some goals were achieved, some partially achieved, and others not achieved. Our performance on each will provide useful input for the 2018 Strategic Plan.
The Party manages a number of email lists. The lists can be broken down into two categories, moderated and non-moderated:
- Highly moderated announce type lists should be used infrequently for announcement and news types of emails. All posting must be approved by the moderator. Emails should be professional. Examples of these lists include:
- members- a statewide email list of current and past party members. Only the Chair of the party (or a designee) should use this list. All members who join the party are added to this list.
- prospects - a statewide email list of prospects. Only the Chair of the party (or a designee) should use this list. All emails that are given to use by national or via our website are added to this list.
We've had a few new logos floating around. For most of them I didn't like the fact that they didn't say the official name of our party. So I've come up with a few additional ideas.
Logo with out stars
We get many emails from people asking how they can help or how they can get involved in the party. Hopefully this article can be used as a guide on how to get involved.
Make no mistake, just because we may drop the ball and either not give you specific tasks, take too long to get back to you, or forget to get back to you at all - does not mean that your activism is not needed. Actually quite the opposite is true. The freedom movement needs more activists who are willing to help out in any way they can.
Our bylaws provide for three separate regional organization. Each Regional organization is eligible to have a representative serve on the State Board.
Your regional organization will meet during the County Caucus at our State Convention or any other General meeting. During the County Caucus those present from your region will select a Region Chair and a State Board Representative, and any other officers that they may choose. A person may be selected to hold more than one office and need not be present to be selected (provided their consent is obtained).
This web site is owned and administered by The New Jersey Libertarian Party.
Our postal address is:
PO Box 56
Tennent, NJ 07763
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor's host/domain name, but not an e-mail address. We collect only the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages visitors access or visit, and any other information volunteered by the visitor, such as survey or contact information provided to us in various sign-up forms and interactive elements of the site.
The New Jersey Libertarian Party maintains three separate funds to help us comply with the ridiculously complex state and federal elections laws.
Please Choose a link for your donation
Central NJ Libertarians
N.J. Libertarian Party
P.O. Box 56
Tennent, NJ 07763
From this page you can find information about the Libertarian Party, both nationally and locally, its officers, its principles, and other important information.
- NJLP ByLaws and Rules- contains the complete New Jersey Libertarian Party Bylaws and Rules.
- Platform - contains the complete New Jersey Libertarian Party platform, with hypertext links for the web.
- National LP Info - contains information regarding the national party.
- State LP Officers - lists all of the names of the state party's officials, as well as contact information.
- Regional Organizations - The NJLP has three regional organizations for advocacy, activism, and discussion at the local level (Info page is under development).
- Join Us - take a second to complete a form to join the Libertarian Party.
- Renewal - renew or extend your existing membership.
- More Info - I'm not ready to join. Please send me more information on the NJ Libertarian Party.
- OPH Manual - a manual on running an Operation Politically Homeless
- FAQs- various Frequently Asked Questions about the NJLP.
Platform of the New Jersey Libertarian Party
Adopted March 16, 1996
Revised March 22, 1997
Reviewed and Affirmed March 19, 2005
Revised March 24, 2007
Revised March 21, 2015
Libertarians seek a world of liberty, in which individuals control their own lives, and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.
We believe that respect for individual rights is essential for a peaceful, prosperous world. Consequently, we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings.
The world we seek is one where individuals are free to achieve their goals using their own judgments, without interference from government.
We affirm the ideals expressed by New Jersey’s motto, “Liberty and Prosperity,” which we believe can best be ensured by the basic principles outlined in our Platform. In the following pages, we set forth those principles, and policies derived from them.
What does the Libertarian Party stand for?
The Libertarian Party stands for small government, less taxes, individual rights and free market solutions to our nation's problems. Liberals and conservatives, Republicans and Democrats, want to use government power to impose their social and economic agendas. Consequently our property rights and personal freedom are taken away by an ever-growing government, which increasingly dictates every aspect of our personal lives.