Southern NJ Libertarians
N.J. Libertarian Party
P.O. Box 56
Tennent, NJ 07763
From this page you can find information about the Libertarian Party, both nationally and locally, its officers, its principles, and other important information.
- NJLP ByLaws and Rules- contains the complete New Jersey Libertarian Party Bylaws and Rules.
- Platform - contains the complete New Jersey Libertarian Party platform, with hypertext links for the web.
- National LP Info - contains information regarding the national party.
- State LP Officers - lists all of the names of the state party's officials, as well as contact information.
- Regional Organizations - The NJLP has three regional organizations for advocacy, activism, and discussion at the local level (Info page is under development).
- Join Us - take a second to complete a form to join the Libertarian Party.
- Renewal - renew or extend your existing membership.
- More Info - I'm not ready to join. Please send me more information on the NJ Libertarian Party.
- OPH Manual - a manual on running an Operation Politically Homeless
- FAQs- various Frequently Asked Questions about the NJLP.
Platform of the New Jersey Libertarian Party
Adopted March 16, 1996
Revised March 22, 1997
Reviewed and Affirmed March 19, 2005
Revised March 24, 2007
Revised March 21, 2015
Libertarians seek a world of liberty, in which individuals control their own lives, and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.
We believe that respect for individual rights is essential for a peaceful, prosperous world. Consequently, we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings.
The world we seek is one where individuals are free to achieve their goals using their own judgments, without interference from government.
We affirm the ideals expressed by New Jersey’s motto, “Liberty and Prosperity,” which we believe can best be ensured by the basic principles outlined in our Platform. In the following pages, we set forth those principles, and policies derived from them.
What does the Libertarian Party stand for?
The Libertarian Party stands for small government, less taxes, individual rights and free market solutions to our nation's problems. Liberals and conservatives, Republicans and Democrats, want to use government power to impose their social and economic agendas. Consequently our property rights and personal freedom are taken away by an ever-growing government, which increasingly dictates every aspect of our personal lives.