2022 NJLP General Meeting
April 30th, 2022
10:00 AM- Call to order & quorum check [Chair]
10:05 AM - Agenda review & approval [Chair]
The Membership Report has been updated at https://njlp.org/party-documents/membership-statistics (login required)
This draft contains some of my current ideas how to improve NJLP inner workings. These are framed in terms of bylaws amendments. Some of them were already presented to the bylaws committee, some may be submitted in the future, some may be presented to GMs as members submissions etc. Some of these ideas may remain on the drawing board for a while.
Some of those ideas had been polled and had high levels of internal support, and were picked up by Jan GM.
- There’s a wiki area of the National website just for candidates. This is a gathering place for articles, resources, and information created by Libertarians for Libertarian candidates. Think of it as a library which will be expanded constantly. URL: https://helpdesk.lp.org/wiki/
- Password: volunteer@lp
- Pension Integrity Project - By Reason Foundation
- Register to vote / check your voter registration status
- Submit a Candidate Questionnaire
- This is the anchor stone for your approval process. This document will be reviewed by the State and Local Parties, and they will use this document to aid you as you move forward with your nomination and your candidacy.
- Submit your Questionnaire HERE
- Become a NJLP Member / Confirm your membership is up to date.
- In order to be approved by the NJLP, and be listed as one of our candidates, you must be approved at the state convention. Our regional parties can pre-approve candidates who's district falls entirely inside their reigon, but any office which bridges two or more must be approved by the general membership at the State Convention. Even pre-approved candidates on a Regions 'Slate' must recieve final approval at the State Convention.
- IF YOU ARE NOT A DUES PAYING MEMBER, YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED, AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE AT THE CONVENTION.
- Contact the State Chair and the Leadership of your local party.
- Prepare your Candidacy.
- Assume you will get the nomination and start TODAY with getting your team together, making plans, defining your platform and raising money.
- Visit https://www.elec.state.nj.us/ for information on registering your campaign and your bank account with the State. You only need to register if you plan on spending a certain minimum amount of money during a campaign. This process is beyond the scope of this guide, but your local leadership can help you with this process.
- Visit https://lpaction.org/candidates/ for an excellent tool kit maintained by the National Libertarian Party. How to raise funds, organize Get out the Vote [GOTV] efforts, the works.
Once you are through this relatively short list of steps, you are off to the races. Make sure you attend the convention to stand for your nomination, and start to focus on winning your seat. It's a long road ahead, but you and do it.
Tema: Sostenemos que los derechos humanos no deben ser negados o abreviados en función de la nacionalidad o el origen nacional. El derecho a viajar libremente entre Estados y naciones es un derecho fundamental. Los humanos deben ser libres de abandonar regímenes tiránicos. Los empleados, empleadores y contratistas deben tener la libertad de negociar sin interferencias ni restricciones gubernamentales.
Principio: Nos oponemos a las restricciones estatales de inmigración, ya sea con el propósito de cooperar con restricciones federales o de otra manera. Nos oponemos firmemente a todas las medidas que castigan a los empleadores que contratan a trabajadores indocumentados. El estado no tiene ningún negocio que regule las interacciones productivas y voluntarias entre las partes que dan su consentimiento.
Transición: A los no ciudadanos indocumentados no se les debe negar la libertad fundamental de trabajar o moverse sin impedimentos. Nos oponemos a los pagos de asistencia social del gobierno a los no ciudadanos, al igual que nos oponemos a los pagos de asistencia social a todas las demás personas.
The purpose of the State Level Strategic Plan is to:
- Communicate to members our key areas of focus for 2018
- Provide a baseline against with to measure progress against our plans
- Provide a framework which can be used by VPs/Regions as they develop their 2018 Strategic Plans
- Use SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time Specific) goals
2017 was the first year that the NJLP created a formal Strategic Plan, in order to communicate to members our key areas of focus and provide a baseline against with to measure progress. We used the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time Specific) model for our defining goals.
Below are those goals and, for each, how we did. Some goals were achieved, some partially achieved, and others not achieved. Our performance on each will provide useful input for the 2018 Strategic Plan.
We get many emails from people asking how they can help or how they can get involved in the party. Hopefully this article can be used as a guide on how to get involved.
Make no mistake, just because we may drop the ball and either not give you specific tasks, take too long to get back to you, or forget to get back to you at all - does not mean that your activism is not needed. Actually quite the opposite is true. The freedom movement needs more activists who are willing to help out in any way they can.
Our bylaws provide for three separate regional organization. Each Regional organization is eligible to have a representative serve on the State Board.
Your regional organization will meet during the County Caucus at our State Convention or any other General meeting. During the County Caucus those present from your region will select a Region Chair and a State Board Representative, and any other officers that they may choose. A person may be selected to hold more than one office and need not be present to be selected (provided their consent is obtained).
This web site is owned and administered by The New Jersey Libertarian Party.
Our postal address is:
PO Box 56
Tennent, NJ 07763
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor's host/domain name, but not an e-mail address. We collect only the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages visitors access or visit, and any other information volunteered by the visitor, such as survey or contact information provided to us in various sign-up forms and interactive elements of the site.
The New Jersey Libertarian Party maintains three separate funds to help us comply with the ridiculously complex state and federal elections laws.
Please Choose a link for your donation